Re: smsd build problem

From: Matthew
Subject: Re: smsd build problem
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:12:55 +0100

 cd gnokii
 ./gnokii _whatever_ is working completely OK.

Just if you have static build. Or you have installed libgnokii in some
visible place.

I have build the gnokii as I described in my second email (default build process - which I think is shared, i.e. not static)

I have installed the gnokii AND smsd (both v.0.6.18), but:

I've straced the gnokii (build from cvs) and it is using the libgnokii.so from the gnokii/common/.libs, So it is not using the installed libraries from the 0.6.18 version.

 I think You don't have to install the app to use it.

You have to. That's the reason of the 'install'. smsd uses dynamically
loaded plugins and it has to search for them somewhere.

So it is no longer possible to run/test the app (i.e. just executing the wrapper script in gnokii/gnokii, resp. gnokii/smsd directories) without installing it?