Wiki write access please; Was: Re: which AT serial modem is suitable for

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Wiki write access please; Was: Re: which AT serial modem is suitable for data processing in gnokii?
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:29:36 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

First a request to Pawel Kot, can I have write access in order to add my phone
to <http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Config> and create another new page as I
suggest below? My account name is "dannym".

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:29:57 -0800, Naragnu Server wrote:
> i will make some smsgateway for data processing, its
> like interactive sms system, my question is:
>
> which the best device is suitable for this smsgateway?
> i will use AT serial modem for my system. i have tried
> gnokii for itegno 3000, but some gnokii function error
> in use (getsms, sendsms cannot works).

What error message does it print? Try to debug what the Itegno actually says (I
use interceptty which is probably overkill ;-)).

> i need some gnokii function;
> - sendsms

Some phones (or whatever SIM-using device) only send SMS that you prepared as a
special binary packet (called "PDU").
Others can send SMS when you give only normal text, too.
Others can do neither.
I'm not sure which models do which, although some of the linked pages on
<http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Config> also list the features that work /
don't work for the model.

> - getsms

Just tried, my Samsung SGH-X680 can do this. But that's a normal phone and as
such has limited SMS bandwidth.

> - dialling

All phones that have an AT-GSM interface can do dialling via the AT interface
as far as I know. The Samsung SGH-X680 can do it.

Ah, or do you mean something special like initiating a normal voice call on the
phone by a program? Although you use a GPRS modem... hmmm... *wonders what's
meant*

How about we start a Wiki page like this:

(WARNING: Example uses fabricated data)

Model              getsms   sendsms   getalarm  setalarm  getphonebook ...etc
Nokia 3100            x        x
Nokia 3100b/3120b     x        x
Nokia 6030            x        x
Samsung SGH-X680      x        ?                               x

Or does that already exist / is off-topic for the project / people should just
read the individual pages?

cheers,
   Danny