Re: Model entry for 2125

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: Model entry for 2125
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:41:15 +0100

On Sunday 06 January 2008, 21:23:43, chris wrote:

> Entering "*#0000#" brings up a screen with the title "Model Number" and
> text "Nokia 2125". Other Nokias I have available (E70, 6820, 3100, 1100)
> all give a much more informative version screen than this. Is there another
> method to get the 2125 to confess its true identity?

look under the battery for "model", also called firmware code or firmware
name; in this picture
http://www.nokia.co.nz/link?cid=PLAIN_TEXT_9328
model is NHL-4U almost unreadable under the red ellipse

however knowing the model is useful only to identify the phone, not to read
SMS, instead now I noticed that the error message you got
> Message: Unknown message of type 14 : f0  length: 10
is also given by other phones and Pawel is working on it, see "gnokii --getsms
and nokia 3110c" thread

--
Daniele