Re: Automake!

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Automake!
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 20:57:51 +0100

Hi.

On Nov 30, 2007 1:52 AM, Bastien Nocera <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 21:01 +0100, Pawel Kot wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > I can make it spit out both, although usually bzip2 are generated by
> > > make dist, and then the gzip one is generated by whatever release
> > > scripts.
> >
> > BTW. Please also look at packaging/make_dist to see what I do right
> > now to prepare the tarballs. There are few more things.
>
> The only thing you should need to do should be "make distcheck", or
> "make dist" if you're in a hurry.
>
> I'm not sure what all the business with gnvcal.c is though. Is it
> supposed to be built and shipped in the tarballs?

Yeah. To not require flex to be installed when someone wants to compile it.

> > > Actually, this is correct. You want the global living in the library,
> > > not in the program, otherwise you can end up with the global not being
> > > defined in the program, and it would fail to link...
> >
> > But that's not library, that's program. That's gnokiid, xgnokii, smsd.
>
> We put GTerminateThread in the library (libDATA.la), so that we don't
> end up with a linker error when a program doesn't define
> GTerminateThread. Seems quite straight forward to me.

Yeah. But it is required for the program to define it. Still as
libDATA is local to gnokii (it is not linked to libgnokii), it's not
much a problem.

And virtmodem.c defines it as extern, so if you don't modify that,
build will fail.