Re: Unable to read SMS

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: Unable to read SMS
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 19:34:02 +0100

Akarsh Simha wrote:

> > does it work with model = 6233?
>
> It doesn't work. 6510, and series60 don't work either.

yours is a Series 40 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 1 according to
http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/6233
but it doesn't matter because 6233, 6510, series60 and series40 are handled by
the same driver

http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Roadmap lists in the things to do "SMS
reading for some kind of Series40 phones (not getting folder list)"

> How do I find out
> which driver is best suited for my phone?

model = 6233
and the second choice would be model = AT which has less features, which you
alreadly tried

> The phone answered something like +CPMS: ( ),( ),( )

it answered something like +CPMS: ( ),( ),( ) or exactly that?

> Does that mean retreival of SMS is not supported at all?

it looks like that, at least in AT mode

> However, I am able to use memory "ME" to access phonebook entries.

phonebook is read using a different command

--
Daniele