Nokia 6610i and CA-42 cable

From: Luca Clemente
Subject: Nokia 6610i and CA-42 cable
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:03:38 +0200

Hello,

I am trying to use an old Nokia 6610i in an OpenSuse box with an original CA-42 USB Nokia cable. The identify command get me the following feedback. I anyone able to give me some help?

Thank you in advance

Luca

Dr. Clemente Luca - T.I.M. Srl
Via D. Alighieri, 5/a I-33080 Puja di Prata (PN) - Italia
Tel +39-0434-621900
Fax +39-0434-610427
HTTP: www.zerobase.it
e-mail: address@hidden

GNOKII Version 0.6.18

LOG: debug mask is 0x1

Config read from file /tim/zb5/usr1/.gnokiirc.

phone instance config:

model: 6610i

port_device: /dev/ptmx

connection_type: 2

init_length: 0

serial_baudrate: 19200

serial_write_usleep: -1

hardware_handshake: 0

require_dcd: 0

smsc_timeout: 100

connect_script:

disconnect_script:

rfcomm_cn: 1

sm_retry: off

Connecting

Serial device: opening device /dev/ptmx

Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to low

Serial device: setting RTS to high and DTR to high

Serial device: setting speed to 19200

Switching to FBUS mode

Serial device: setting speed to 115200

Getting model...

Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006

00 01 00 07 01 00 |

SM_Block: exiting the retry loop

Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006

00 01 00 07 01 00 |

SM_Block: exiting the retry loop

Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006

00 01 00 07 01 00 |

SM_Block: exiting the retry loop

Serial device: closing device

Serial device: opening device /dev/ptmx

Serial device: setting speed to 115200

Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to low

Error in link initialisation: 4

Telephone interface init failed: Problem occurred internal to model specific code.

Quitting.

Cannot unlock device.

Problem occurred internal to model specific code.

address@hidden:~> /usr/zb-svil/opt/gnokii-0.6.18/bin/gnokii --identify