Re: Buffer overflow with libmysql.so

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Buffer overflow with libmysql.so
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 20:23:41 +0200

Hi,

On 7/8/07, Klaus Kuusela <address@hidden> wrote:
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib/libc.so.6(__chk_fail+0x41)[0x41b7ece1]
/lib/libc.so.6[0x41b7e3dc]
/usr/local/lib/smsd/libmysql.so(DB_Look+0x289)[0x4a5e59]
smsd[0x8049ac4]
/lib/libpthread.so.0[0x41c272fb]

/lib/libc.so.6(clone+0x5e)[0x41b6a93e]

Please provide backtrace from gdb. I am unable to read this.

Here comes question:

We know that smsd will crash (with buffer overflow) somehere: "GNOKII_API
void DB_Look" (smsd/mysql.c)

in case of it has got match with time periods (mysql results).

I'm just too tired to see, where's is the beef ? (problem that causes buffer
overflow) ;(

Could someone help me ?

ANd why don't you provide *ANY* useful information? How could we guess
which gnokii version do you use? What is your gnokii setup? What is
gnokii debug log? Did you read gnokii documentation? Theres Bugs file
which tells how to report bugs.