Re: smsc_timeout, is it possible to turn it off ?

From: Krzysztof Śniadoch
Subject: Re: smsc_timeout, is it possible to turn it off ?
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 00:23:10 +0200

Pawel Kot:
> On 5/14/07, Daniele Forsi <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Krzysztof Śniadoch wrote:
> > > I need to:
> > > 1. gnokii sends the message
> > > 2. gnokii is exiting to the shell with 0 code (all is OK)
> > >
> > > without waiting for the long confirmation from the SMSC.
> >
> > if you don't wait for confirmation you'll never know if your message was
> > sent
>
> To be more precise: error code 0 in that case means that SMSC has
> received your message. It doesn't say anything about the delivery
> status. And it is done by the phone in the synchronous way (not sure
> about Symbian, but all older do it that way). You may modify libgnokii
> though not to wait for the answer but just for ack. But you will never
> know whether your message was sent or not.

Pawel, can you point me to the files where this waiting for ack is located?
Daniele wrote about the procedure in particular phone drivers (nk6510.c in my
case), is that what you mean by writting 'libgnokii' ?

--
Krzysztof Śniadoch <krzysiek at securenet.pl>
http://www.securenet.pl - Information Technology