Re: pin help

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: pin help
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 23:58:33 +0200

Hi,

On 3/19/07, Timothy Murphy <address@hidden> wrote:
So I would repeat the question:
How exactly does one set the bluetooth PIN on a computer under bluez?

I have tried to setup Ubuntu 6.10 (with updates) with a new phone and
here are the results:
- what you setup in hcid.conf as pin_helper is currently irrelevant
-- this setting is ignored
- hcid expects dbus agent to be connected, if it is not I got error:
call_passkey_agent(): no agent registered
To run the agent you may use passkey-agent provided with bluez-tools.
As the argument use pin helper that was previously configured in
hcid.conf

That makes it work for me. I will put this instruction on wiki.