Re: patch calendar

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Re: patch calendar
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 19:52:53 +0200

Hi,

On Apr/08/2007, Pawel Kot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 4/8/07, Carles Pina i Estany <address@hidden> wrote:
> >I send attached a patch to:
> >a) write calendar in ASCII way (pending to improve it, as I said 2 days
> >ago)
>
> Could you please explain why you need this?

of course: I have a ical file with UTF8 characters. I send a vcalendar
entry to my Nokia 6234. The accents (e.g. à) are incorrectly sent (two
characters and not one, incorrect characters).

I looked on source code and there was a TODO saying "convert to ASCII"
(or similar). I converted to ASCII.

Maybe it is not the correct place, or maybe there is better way to do it
(as I don't know about gnokii, phones, etc.). At least the patch is
working for me (my system, my mobile)

> >b) now --writecalendarnote syntax is:
> >------
> >usage: --writecalendarnote vcalendarfile start [end]
> >                        vcalendarfile - file containing calendar notes in
> >                        vCal format
> >                        start_number  - entry number in the vcalendarfile
> >                        end_number    - read to this entry in the
> >                        vcalendar file
> >                        end           - the string "end" indicates all
> >                        entries from start to end
> >  NOTE: it stores the note at the first empty location.
>
> Looks good. Will review the patch soon.

ok, tell me if you need that I change anything

Carles Pina i Estany            GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
        http://pinux.info       Manresa - Barcelona