again: nokia 6220 and usb-cable

From: Hans Paijmans
Subject: again: nokia 6220 and usb-cable
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 09:30:29 +0100

Sigh. Here I am again.

Every once in a while I try to connect my nokia 6220 to one of my Linux
PC's, but it just will not work. The usb-cable should be fine, because
I can connect the phone to the same computer when booting in Windows.
The same is true for a usb irda adapter, that also works in Windows,
but not in Linux.

Mostly I get messages like permission denied on /dev/ttyUSB0 and the
FBUS device. Yes: I chmodded /dev/ttyUSB0 to rwx for all.

One of the things that is not clear is the connection parameter. In the
comments I see 'serial', 'dlr3p' etc. but in this mailinglist I also
saw references to dku2 and dku2libusb, which are not mentioned nowhere.
'serial' I understand; the rest seem gnokii-specific terms that are
explained nowhere. I cannot even find some of them in the source.

Also, I wonder if model=6220 is correct. Of course I tried model=6510,
but no difference. And I am reluctant to experiment too much, because
I do not want to damage the phone.

So again: has anybody got a 6220 working, and could he please send me
his .gnokiirc

Thanks,

Paai

--
Dr. J.J. Paijmans
Tilburg University: Dept. of Linguistics & AI               013-4662693