Re: buffer overflow

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: buffer overflow
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 20:34:25 +0100

Hi,

On 2/19/07, Baurzhan Ismagulov <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm trying to copy my contacts from 6310i to K750i. I was able to read
them from the old phone, but writing to the new one caused a SIGSEGV.

I've seen that char_ucs2_encode scans four times as many characters as
necessary, overwriting the stack. So, attached is my first attempt to
fix the problem.

The patch has some issues (AT_WritePhonebook needs rewriting), I'll fix
them later. Please note that I haven't explicitly tested
char_ascii_encode, char_hex_encode, and memcpy parts in at_encode.

Please let me know what you think about the patch.

Could you please give more details on the problems? Ie. show the debug
output and the backtrace of the core dump. That would allow me to
understand what went wrong easier.