Re: which gnokii? help

From: Ajay Pal Singh Atwal
Subject: Re: which gnokii? help
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 19:31:43 +0530 (IST)

----- mikha <address@hidden> wrote:
> hello again.. ok, I looked at the site you pointed.. and I was
> surprised that
> there are many types of gnokii in there..
No there is one gnokii only, the other are additional and usually optional
packages, gnokii is the base package
gnokii-smsd is the sms deamon

please RTFM

> I'm planning to use gnoki
> together
> with a web application I'm creating using xampp for linux so my web
> app
> would be able to receive and send messages..
There is already a few such web applications that work with gnokii, cant recall
the names, please google.

> I hope you could refer to
> me
> which one of those in the site you pointed should I download that
> suits well
> my needs?
It depends on your needs (application)

> and for example, if i download the 'gnokii-smsd', should i
> download and isntall the 'gnokii(144.6kb)' first? is that the way it
> should be?

You can live with only gnokii installed, rest depend on your application.

Hope it helps.

--
Sincerely

Ajay Pal Singh Atwal