RE: 6310i and DLR-3P in AT/serial mode

From: Tergujeff Renne
Subject: RE: 6310i and DLR-3P in AT/serial mode
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 12:47:53 +0200

I asked:
>> I'm trying to get a 6310i to work with DLR-3P cable. It works fine in

>> FBUS mode (6510 driver, dlr3p connection), but not in AT/serial mode.

>> The cable is an original Nokia one. Logs for gnokii --identify are at

>> http://pastebin.ca/319462.

Pawel Kot replied:
> To repeat the question from IRC: why would you want AT connection,
since FBUS works?

Ultimately I would need to send SMS to a specific application port, for
activating MIDP PushRegistry in the receiving phone. For that purpose I
have working code for SMSLib, which is AT command based. However, I
haven't yet managed to make AT communication to work with this
particular phone, not using SMSLib (with RxTx), gnokii or minicom. To
answer Daniele: minicom doesn't work either, the phone doesn't even echo
the typed characters back.

The only communication that works is gnokii with FBUS, I can
successfully send SMS's with it. However, using application port
addressing for short messages is not currently possible in gnokii
(another topic), preventing implementation of this particular use case.

I've learnt that the phone is originally in AT mode, and with a specific
command the communication mode is changed to FBUS; but also that there
is no known way to move back to AT communication, other than power
cycling the phone. Is this correct? If yes, perhaps power cycling the
phone and then trying AT commands as the very first thing might help
(the phone is currently out of my reach).

Thanks,

-Renne