Re: Specifying SMS destination port (feature request)

From: Jari Turkia
Subject: Re: Specifying SMS destination port (feature request)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:10:14 +0200

Tergujeff Renne wrote:

My understanding is that gnokii currently does not support specifying the destination application port when sending SMS. This would be necessary to use gnokii to connect to MIDP PushRegistry. See also a previous question from last April, concerning the same matter. I know that for example SMSLib software allows this, but it only works with AT command set, not FBUS like gnokii. So the question is: would it be possible to implement this feature in gnokii?

Without exact details of your application, my guess is that same feature is required with Nokia Smart Messaging. I did some initial poking with that, but have not had the time to make it work. The feature has been reqested multiple and it seems possible to implement it. So, I'm sure that one day, there will be application port support for outgoing SMS-messages.

Regards,
Jari Turkia