Re: Quirk with on_sms callback

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Quirk with on_sms callback
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 21:56:20 +0100

Hi,

On 1/9/07, Jeremy Lainé <address@hidden> wrote:
>> This is problematic because it means that when the callback is
>> triggered, you have no way of identifying what gn_statemachine
>> triggered it. What are your thoughts on changing this?
>
> Although we didn't need it so far it makes sense.

To give you a bit of context, I am currently developing an embedded
telephony suite (MKPhone : http://dev.jerryweb.org/mkphone/), which has
a telephony server driving several AT-based interfaces relying on
libgnokii. I register a callback for SMS notifications, but without the
suggested patch I can't figure out which interface got the notification.

Cool. Finally someone working on gnokii embedded solution. I have few
questions if you don't mind.

Is it Linux embedded solution? Or would it work on Windows Pocket PC or Palm OS?

Do you consider libgnokii being too large (so disabling certain
drivers on compilation stage or doing them pluggable would make a
difference)? Or being too slow? Or having to large memory footpring
(due to static allocations)?

And getting back to the topic. Assuming that the patch would be
accepted could you prepare the patch? I think the original one was
missing few parts.