PHONET and bluetooth!

From: Andrew
Subject: PHONET and bluetooth!
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:47:11 +0800

Hi everyone!

I'm struggling with a problem and hope someone can help!

I'm using fedora core 5. I am able to communicate with my Nokia 3230 using bluetooth and rfcomm and AT mode. My settings:

port = /dev/rfcomm0
model = AT
connection = serial
rfcomm_channel = 1

However, when I use bluetooth directly,

port = XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
model = series60
connection = bluetooth

and when i enter
"gnokii --identify"

i get the following error:

serial device: opening device XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
couldn't open PHONET device: No such file or directory
Error in link initialisation: 1
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
Quitting
Serial device: closing device

when i run ./configure, it shows bluetooth as yes. I have installed the following bluez packages: bluez-util bluez-lib-devel. Are these all that are required? However, with these libs, this problem still persists.

When I first installed Gnokii, I didn't have the proper bluetooth libs installed. But I have run ./configure again. Is that all I need to do?

I've been struggling with this and would really appreciate your help! :)

Andrew