Re: Trouble on Sending a Lot of SMS

From: A. Andria
Subject: Re: Trouble on Sending a Lot of SMS
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 09:24:40 +0700

Jari Turkia wrote:
Jan Derfinak wrote:
If we are working with gnokii, sometimes after a few minutes gnokii got
hang-up or the sms can not stored (save to the database) or can not send (get from the database and sent it out). So, we must stop the gnokii processed
Can you provide more details. There is one unresolved issue when
communication between phone and gnokii goes wrong from unknown reason but I don't know other causes for smsd to stop work.
I've run into similar symptoms when gnokii connection to a phone is open long time. To my understanding this is a phone firmware problem, not a gnokii problem.

Some phones seem to lose the connection if no data is transferred, but others seem not to have the problem (I had three different phones to test with). I ended up querying identify after 10 minutes to keep the phone awake.

Regards,
Jari Turkia

I think it's possible if some phones seem to lose the connection if no data is tranferred (if we are using IRDA or Bluetooth connection). But, in this case i am using RS232 Data Cable, so i think it's a little bit strange if my phones lose the connection. CMIIW.

--
Regards,

Asep Andria I.W.
http://asepandria.blogspot.com