Nokia 5500 and failed gnapplet installation

From: erkki
Subject: Nokia 5500 and failed gnapplet installation
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 17:55:38 +0300

I did not manage to install the gnapplet on Nokia 5500. The error
message was 'installation of gnapplet.sis is not supported'.

I was told by a sw developer (yes, for series 60) that this phone model
uses Symbian 3 OS (?!!) and the old applets would need to be ported to
the new system. He also suspected that recompiling might not be enough
as various APIs have been changed in the new system (that is how I
understood it). He did not seem to be enthusiastic about doing it
himself as he's rather busy working for other projects for his employer.

Being a complete dilettante in computer programming in general and
Symbian in particular, I'd be interested to know if there are plans to
modify the gnapplet to enable it to run on Nokia 5500.

br

ET