Smsd and dreport

From: Romain Parmantier - Mobile Devices
Subject: Smsd and dreport
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 13:01:36 +0200

Hi All,

The patch applied seems to work. Sometimes, I have a segfault error (sorry, I
have no log) but the modem has received 600 SMS in 2 hours... Since 1 hour, I
have no error and no segfault.

Now, I want to work on outbox table that smsd fills.

My need is the following : I need to know if the SMS sent has been delivered
with success or not. On minicom, I have configured the modem to have an event
when the SMS is received or not (See below example).
==========================8<===============================
at+cmgf=1
OK
at+cmgs=+336XXXXXXXX
> Hello World
+CMGS: 146

OK

+CDS: 6,146,"+336XXXXXXXX",145,"06/10/09,12:22:04+08","06/10/09,12:22:05+08",48
==========================8<===============================

The event 'CDS' indicates that the receiver is not available (48 is a value
specific to each SC; in my case, it means that the SMS can not be delivered
because my GSM's modem is power down).

According to README in smsd directory :
==========================8<===============================
number         - recipient's phone number
processed_date - date of processing SMS.
insertdate     - date of inserting SMS in table
text           - SMS text
phone          - number of phone to use. If you use smsd without -t option you
                 must not fill this column. See -t option below.
processed      - new SMS must have this attribut set to FALSE.
                 SMSD will send this SMS and will update 'processed' to TRUE.
error          - This attribute contains return value of gn_sms_send() function.
                 For explanation of numeric values see <gnokii/error.h> in
                 gnokii source.
dreport        - request for delivery report per message. Possible values
                 are 0 for no delivery report, 1 for delivery report.
not_before     - sms will not be send before this time (default 00:00:00).
not_after      - sms will not be send after this time (default 23:59:59).
==========================8<===============================

Is the dreport value (if its value is 1) means that I want a report ?

I have inserted in my outbox table (I have add a column in the outbox table) the
following line (my gsm is power down) :

+----+--------------+---------------------+---------------------+---------------
---------------+-------+-----------+-------+---------+------------+-----------+-
--------------+
| id | number       | processed_date      | insertdate          | text
| phone | processed | error | dreport | not_before | not_after | ip            |
+----+--------------+---------------------+---------------------+---------------
---------------+-------+-----------+-------+---------+------------+-----------+-
--------------+
|  8 | +336XXXXXXXX | 2006-10-09 12:30:06 | 0000-00-00 00:00:00 | Test off line
V with dreport |  NULL | 1         |     0 |       1 | 00:00:00   | 23:59:59  |
192.168.2.239 |
+----+--------------+---------------------+---------------------+---------------
---------------+-------+-----------+-------+---------+------------+-----------+-
--------------+

Smsd send the sms to my GSM (processed value change 0 to 1).

I turn on my GSM, the SMS is received but I have no change on my outbox table
(and inbox too). I have waited 5mn before turn on my GSM.

I can do the test again and capture log if need.

Maybe I have forgotten something ? Maybe I have misunderstood how is working
dreport ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

--
Romain PARMANTIER - Mobile Devices Ingenierie
12 rue Roger Salengro 94 270 Kremlin Bicêtre