Charset on Windows

From: mailing
Subject: Charset on Windows
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:57:56 +0000

Hello guys,

I am using Gnokii on a Windows-based system, with the command line. The problem is: when I type a small letter e with acute (é) the SMS is incorrectly transmitted...
Don't tell me to go to *nix :p...!!

I've looked in the mailing-list archives for hours, I've found interesting
posts regarding the EURO symbol being represented in Hex by \x0a4 but when I
tried to transmit this, it wasn't translated into a 7-bit char but remained in
extenso... :(

Even if I wanted to switch on Unicode-based SMS, how can I input the chars correctly?

Version used is 0.6.13.
jcn50.