Re: gnokii 0.6.13

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.6.13
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:40:21 +0200

Hi,

On 6/21/06, Leo Antunes <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm really sorry you feel this way about Debian.
By "outated due to Debian policy" you mean the unstable/testing/stable
transition time or just the time it took to enter unstable?
It really shouldn't take more than a day for a new Gnokii version to hit
Debian unstable. If it did before, I plan on making it a lot faster from
now on, now that I took over maintainership of the package. (0.6.13 is
already in the upload queue)

This is nothing personal. This is a real problem that we have version
0.6.13 and we have bug reports from 0.6.8. Recently most of the
advices I give is to upgrade from 0.6.8 to the recent version. Debian
is (was) the only distribution shipping gnokii 0.6.8 for that long.

But I agree when gnokii current version will appear in Debian in some
reasonable time I could remove debian dir from the tarball.