Re: nokia 6310 under win32 does not work

From: Jari Turkia
Subject: Re: nokia 6310 under win32 does not work
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 16:33:26 +0300

Matthias Weber wrote:
Hi! Today I started my first try with gnokii! I put my data cable (dlr3p) on the phone (nokia 6310) and on my computer (running the windows xp operating system). It perfektly works under nokia pc suite 4. I wanted to try some things with gnokii (after having tried to put the right configuration into the config file), but I get some errors and unfortunately don't know their meaning:

command line: gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.6
Orphaned line: [global]É♠C

Yes, there are a number of problems with old Win32-versions. Not too long ago I contacted Mr. Pawel Kot, the manager of Gnokii project and offered to help with Win32-port which had fallen unmaintained. A couple of days ago support for MS Visual C++ 2005 compilation was added to CVS-repository. Anyone interested in compiling the thing by themselves are welcome to do so and report any success/failure to me (or this ML).

There will be support for other compilers (as discussed before on this ML). Also working binaries will be posted for download when stable versions are finished. For those in hurry, you may send me e-mail and request intermediate binary versions (please, don't clutter this ML with requests). The only thing I will guarantee about CVS-compiled versions is that they will take up your disk space, however, I will do my best to make sure that they actually work.

Regards,
Jari Turkia