Re: --putfilebyid?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: --putfilebyid?
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 21:01:14 +0200

Hi,

On 5/12/06, Jari Turkia <address@hidden> wrote:
Pawel Kot wrote:
>> Technically most of those require nothing but sending properly formatted
>> SMSes. Gnokii can do the sending part, but what about the SMS format?  I
>> don't know if all needed specs are available somewhere. Any ideas?
>
> See GSM specs from http://www.3gpp.org/specs/numbering.htm

Those look like deep internals of GSM to me.

But they also specify the format. I haven't look at MMS but they
definitely specify the SMS format (SMS header, SMS PDU, SMS
compression, ...)

How can I send binary SMSes with Gnokii? Is it possible to read the
input from a file?

Well, libgnokii allows it but gnokii or xgnokii do not. You would need
to program it (well, ringtones logos are supported out of the box)

http://www.gnokii.org/