Re: Welcome to the "gnokii-users" mailing list

From: Cameron Laird
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 22:26:10 +0000

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 11:15:00AM +0000, Philip Barnes wrote:
                        .
                        .
                        .
> I would not go near a cable for connecting a phone to a PC, they tend to be
> expensive and will be obsolete when you replace the phone.
                        .
                        .
                        .
!?  Nokia-US is selling a CA-42, DKU-2, or CA-53 for $50.
Sometimes I find them for $20.  Those prices are in a range
where I think reasonable people, especially those in a
variety of circumstances, might reasonably differ on whether
they're an appropriate investment or not.

Nokia *says* (approximately) that it's standardizing on DKU-2
and CA-42, so one shouldn't need to buy more than those two.
Nokia changes its story from time to time, though ...