6230i, 0.6.11 CVS, Bluetooth

From: Andrej Podgoršek
Subject: 6230i, 0.6.11 CVS, Bluetooth
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 20:12:35 +0100

Hi.

I've been loosing my mind with getting gnokii to work, so i ask for your help!

I have debian stable with 2.6.8. kernel which connects my nokia with my MSI BT dongle no problem

:/# ./rfskript
Connected /dev/rfcomm0 to 00:14:A7:6C:ED:5A on channel 1
Press CTRL-C for hangup

But then I want to use gnokii. First i downloaded the current release and followed cvs install instructions.

Now what do i get when i run these commands:

-xgnokii

:/# xgnokii
LOG: debug mask is 0x1

(xgnokii:29801): Gtk-WARNING **: horizontal scrolling not implemented

(xgnokii:29801): Gtk-WARNING **: horizontal scrolling not implemented
Segmentation fault

-gnokiid

:/# gnokiid
GNOKIID Version 0.6.11
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
Initialising GSM
phone instance config:
model: 6510
port_device: 00:14:A7:6C:ED:5A
connection_type: 5
init_length: 0
serial_baudrate: 19200
serial_write_usleep: -1
hardware_handshake: 0
require_dcd: 0
smsc_timeout: 100
connect_script:
disconnect_script:
rfcomm_cn: 1
sm_retry: off
Connecting
Serial device: opening device 00:14:A7:6C:ED:5A
Couldn't open PHONET device: Success
Error in link initialisation: 1
GSM/FBUS init failed! (Unknown model?). Quitting.
gn_vm_initialise - VM_GSMInitialise failed!
Serial device: closing device

My .gnokiirc in /root/ directory (yes i'm running gnokiid as root) looks like this:

[global]

port = 00:14:A7:6C:ED:5A
model = 6510
initlength = default