Re: gnokii lock file and mysql

From: A. Andria
Subject: Re: gnokii lock file and mysql
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 08:47:51 +0700

Pawel Kot wrote:

Hi,

On 2/7/06, A. Andria <address@hidden> wrote:
For the first time gnokii --identify work successfully and return the
IMEI number for the device.

But, then when i try to execute the same command : gnokii --identify
there are an error  message  like this :

For the second time in the row, right?

GNOKII Version 0.6.10
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
Device already locked.
Lock file error. Exiting.

That's strange. Are you sure that no other gnokii/xgnokii process is running?

My question is :
1. Is that a problem ?

No.

2. When the status is locked, is the handphone can interact with the
mysql module for gnokii ?

Lock is just a file to avoid concurrent access to the same device.

3. How to interact gnokii with mysql.  I mean .. how to get the inbox
and outbox of the handphone to be stored in mysql ?

Did you read smsd documentation?

http://www.gnokii.org/

Ok. Thanks Pawel.
Now I can send and receive sms perfectly.

I create a bash script too, to handle/check/refresh the smsd status.

Regards,
A. Andria