Re: Correct gnokiirc configuration for nokia 3120 and DKU-5 on Ubuntu 5.

From: A. Andria
Subject: Re: Correct gnokiirc configuration for nokia 3120 and DKU-5 on Ubuntu 5.10
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 07:24:40 +0700

That should be probably /dev/ttyUSB0 or similiar.

Hi Pawel,

if i changed port to /dev/ttyUSB0 then i get an error message like this :

Serial device: opening device /dev/ttyUSB0
Gnokii serial_open: open: No such file or directory
Couldn't open FBUS device: No such file or directory

Before the DKU-5 Cable connected to my PC, the lsusb output is like this :

~# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

And after connected, the lsusb output is :

~# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 6547:0232
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

No Manufacturer found.

I'm sure my DKU-5 Cable is working because when connecting in Windows XP with Nokia PC Suite, it works.
And the USB known as ArkMicro on COM4

As an additional information my kernel is 2.6.12

Should i reinstall my Linux box with other Distro ?
Or, maybe buy a new Nokia hardware (something like Nokia 6510) ?