Re: [gnokii] endless loop while retrieving file from 6230i

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: [gnokii] endless loop while retrieving file from 6230i
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 15:02:53 +0100

Hi Ingo,

2006/1/2, Ingo Schaefer <address@hidden>:
> Hello there, Hello Pawel,
> > That's probably Nokia fault. Implementing it inside gnokii would be too
> > much.
>
> I agree. Seems like a timing problem. Listing only 10 Files at a time
> worked.
>
> > With Debian? Use /usr/lib/gnokii/gnokii instead gnokii
>
> No. I am using Fedora and used the fresh installed cvs version from
> /usr/local/bin or directly from build directory.

Huh. I need to investigate more. In that case there should be no timeout.

> >> ./gnokii --getfile 'A:\predefgallery\predefphotos\Bild039.jpg'
> >> 2>/tmp/getfile.err
> >
> > Could you pelase check whether 0.6.9 or 0.6.8 version did work?
>
> I've checked and both are not working.
>
> 0.6.8 did some mysterios thing with the phone - it blanked/flashed the
> display.
> 0.6.9 looks exactly the same as newer versions - endless loop.

OK. That needs some more reverse engineering. Anyone else with 6230i
to do some tests?

> > Unfortunately I don't have a phone to support this operation (6610i
> > uses ById operations) and can just guess what's wrong.
>
> I'd really try byID operation, but don't have a clue how to specify the ID.

If your phone support non-byID operations then it won't support byID.
I need to think of some common API over them.

> I issued:
> $ gnokii --getfileid 'A:\predefgallery\predefphotos\Bild016.jpg'
> and got:
> Fileid for file A:\predefgallery\predefphotos\Bild016.jpg is 00 00 10 00
> 01 86
>
> What can I do with this id?

Nothing. Your phone has file based access. And this ID is treated
internally by gnokii. You don't need to use it at all.

> PS: Sorry for not including References-header - don't have the original
> mail here.

gmail seems to sort by the subject (which is silly anyway).

http://www.gnokii.org/