Can't get gnapplet to install on Nokia 6680

From: Turlough Downes
Subject: Can't get gnapplet to install on Nokia 6680
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:28:24 +0000 (GMT)

Hi All,
I'm trying to set a Nokia 6680 up with Fedora Core 4. I have transferred the gnapplet.sis file to the phone using the Nokia PC suite on Windows (couldn't figure out any other way to do it as I'm having difficulty succeeding in getting my machine to talk to the phone properly with OBEX). I can see the gnapplet.sis file in the application manager, but when I try to install it nothing happens - the phone thinks for a (short) moment and then does not install gnapplet - no error is given, and nothing appears to be written to any logs on the phone. The details the phone gives me for gnapplet are as follows:

Format:  Symbian OS
Name: gnap
Version: 1.00
Type: Application
Size: 27kB
Supplier:  Unknown

I presume I'm missing something stupid here, but I can't figure it out. Any help would be very much appreciated ...

Thanks,
        Turlough