FC 4, Nokia 6101 and CA-42

From: Alec Swan
Subject: FC 4, Nokia 6101 and CA-42
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:34:57 -0700 (PDT)

I just bought a new Nokia 6101 and a CA-42 cable to
connect it to my Fedora Core 4. I tried configuring
different settings in gnokiirc, but I keep getting the
same errors when running gnokii --identify:

Telephone interface init failed: Function or
connection type not supported by the phone.
Quitting.

I wonder if gnokii even supports CA-42 type of cable
and whether anybody got Nokia 6101 to be identified by
gnokii.

Should I try and install Nokia PC Suite for 6101 on
Windows and try to get gnokii to work through CygWin,
or this will not change a thing?

Thanks.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs