Need help with connecting to my phone.

From: Harsha Ramesh
Subject: Need help with connecting to my phone.
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 02:03:03 +0530

Hi Guys,

I have a Dell D810 running on Fedora Core 4. I am trying to connect my Nokia 2112 via a CA-42 cable (USB). I downloaded the gnokii-0.6.9 and tried configuring my scenario, but to no success.

My gnokiirc file looks as follows:

port = /dev/ttyACM0
model = AT
initlength = default
connection = serial
# connection = dlr3p
use_locking = no
serial_baudrate = 115200
handshake = software

If i go according to the FAQ, then i should be using the dlr3p connection, but using that connection detail, i get an error => Connection not supported (I dont remember the exact words)
Instead, if i change the connection to serial, then i get the error => Error, ... something is better than nothing!

Now, my question is: what do i set the conf file to be? How do i pass additional initialization parameters to modem? let me know if you need any debug stack traces, (along with directions), and i shall try and make them available.

thanks,
Harsha