gnokii bug - nokia 6230i --writephonebook corrupts written data

From: Martin Pilka
Subject: gnokii bug - nokia 6230i --writephonebook corrupts written data
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 19:20:12 +0200 (CEST)

Gentlemen,

thanks for the great product!

One bug I found in --writephonebook which you may or may not already fixed
in your CVS:

===
Nokia 6230i
bluetooth connection

gnokii --version
GNOKII Version 0.6.5
Built 12:30:28 May  1 2005

(source: APT, Debian Sarge)

[global]
port = 00:15:2A:24:E1:A0
model = 6510
initlength = default
connection = bluetooth
use_locking = no
serial_baudrate = 19200
smsc_timeout = 10
===

Launch this sequence of commands:

gnokii --deletephonebook ME 1 end
gnokii --writephonebook -o < import.txt
gnokii --getphonebook ME 1 end -r > export.txt

Now, compare import.txt (attached) and export.txt with some good diff
tool. They are different, some data are corrupted (missing last char in
some fields of export.txt).

Following is request for feature:
We are using Gnokii for automatic backup of our cell phones. Very
helpful would be "batch" feature - many commands specified in one file,
command per line, i.e.:

--getphonebook ME 1 end --raw --output pbook_me_raw.txt
--getphonebook ME 1 end --ouput pbook_me.txt
--getphonebook SM 1 end --raw --output pbook_sm_raw.txt

That way Nokia phone would not pop-up many messages about
connecting/disconnecting to server.

Thanks
--
Martin Pilka

PS: Please, reply to my personal email, I am not subscribed to newsgroup.