gnokii and Motorola RAZR V3

From: Karsten Rothemund
Subject: gnokii and Motorola RAZR V3
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:29:40 +0200

Hello List,

I am new to mobile phones and new to gnokii, of course. I try to connect
the Motorola RAZR V3 via bluetooth to my computer, which runs under
FreeBSD. The bluetooth thing is running and I can see the phone: when I
start xgnokii the phone asks for confirmation of the connection. And the
it wants a Bluetooth-PIN.

And here I stumble: where does gnokii get this PIN or, which PIN is it?
I tried all PINs I got with the phone and I tried some places, where
PINs can be specified (/etc/bluetooth/hcsecd.con - but this maybe
FreeBSD-specific). All PINs I tried where "invalid" (on the phone) and
then the connectio is closed, of course, and xgnokii terminates.

My question: where does this "bluetooth-PIN" come from or where to
specify? Or is there something more fundamental wrong? (USB did not work
at all - maybe motorola did something on their own).

Thanks for any hint and greetings from the Baltic Sea,

--

Karsten Rothemund <address@hidden>      /"\
PGP-Key:     0x094AE55F                   \ /