Re: Gnokii, bluetooth, and a 6230i.

From: Peter Robinson
Subject: Re: Gnokii, bluetooth, and a 6230i.
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 07:17:03 +0100

Hey Pete,

Thanks for the suggestions!  Switching to channel 14 seems to have
worked, after rebooting both the computer and the phone.

My new problem is that every time I issue a gnokii command, the device
has to repair with my computer, and I have to retype my computer's pin
on the phone.  Is there a way to pair the device with the phone
semi-permanently so I don't have to do this?

Interesting. I get a prompt on the phone to accept the connection and then it works fine. Once it was paired I've never had to reenter the pin at all. The prompt to accept the connection is annoying but not as bad as having to enter the pin every time.

Having just looked. Once you have paired with a device there's an option in the phone Settings/Connectivity/Bluetooth/Paired Devices/Device to auto-conn without confirmation which gets rid of the confirmation.

Here's my hcid.conf file, I'm not sure exactly what I modded in here (if anything) but I remember playing around with it to get it working

#
# HCI daemon configuration file.
#
# $Id: hcid.conf,v 1.7 2004/12/13 14:16:03 holtmann Exp $
#

# HCId options
options {
        # Automatically initialize new devices
        autoinit yes;

        # Security Manager mode
        #   none - Security manager disabled
        #   auto - Use local PIN for incoming connections
        #   user - Always ask user for a PIN
        #
        security user;

        # Pairing mode
        #   none  - Pairing disabled
        #   multi - Allow pairing with already paired devices
        #   once  - Pair once and deny successive attempts
        pairing multi;

        # PIN helper
        pin_helper /usr/bin/bluepin;

        # D-Bus PIN helper
        #dbus_pin_helper;
}

# Default settings for HCI devices
device {
        # Local device name
        #   %d - device id
        #   %h - host name
        name "%h-%d";

        # Local device class
        class 0x120104;

        # Default packet type
        #pkt_type DH1,DM1,HV1;

        # Inquiry and Page scan
        iscan enable; pscan enable;

        # Default link mode
        #   none   - no specific policy
        #   accept - always accept incoming connections
        #   master - become master on incoming connections,
        #            deny role switch on outgoing connections
        lm accept;

        # Default link policy
        #   none    - no specific policy
        #   rswitch - allow role switch
        #   hold    - allow hold mode
        #   sniff   - allow sniff mode
        #   park    - allow park mode
        lp rswitch,hold,sniff,park;

        # Authentication and Encryption (Security Mode 3)
        auth enable;
        #encrypt enable;
}