Re: OT question on DECT phones

From: Phil Ashby
Subject: Re: OT question on DECT phones
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:48:26 +0100

Timothy Murphy wrote:

Is there any standard way of getting one's phonebook from a DECT phone?
Or vice versa, uploading a phonebook from a GSM phone to a DECT phone?

I'd love to be able to share one phonebook.
using gnokii of course.

It's amazing with all this talk of convergence
that there seems so little convergence in the obvious case,
between GSM to fixed line.
Why can't I have one phone with a button on it,
for GSM or DECT?
There are a few landline phones that can read / write GSM SIM cards, for instance my BT Relate can do this. As near as you get to the GSM/DECT switchable phone (I think) is the BT Fusion product, which is an automatic switchover from GSM to Bluetooth and your landline via a special basestation.

That all reads like a BT plug doesn't it? Oh well :)

HTH,
Phil.