Gnokki and Nokia 1100

From: Sleem
Subject: Gnokki and Nokia 1100
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 01:04:47 +0000

Hello everyone

Working for a project, I felt the need to use Gnokii with Nokia 1100. I've just bought all the necessary (phone and cable) and, as there is no known support for the 1100, here are my impressions :

First, the only "model" that seems to work is the '6510' : the others do not even permit the '--identify' option while the 7110 simply returns "blank" values.

Well, the choice of '6510' as model returns good identifying values but I wasn't able to do anything more ! Anyway, there is another thing which lets me believe that the 'nk6510' is more or less near what we should use to interact with the Nokia 1100 : the '--dialvoice' works in a strange way ! Even though it appears on the phone screen, the fact is that the phone number given can't be called because of numerous blanks (as many as the numbers of the phone given !) that follow it ! For example, if I type "gnokii --dialvoice 123456789", the phone gives an error and the number on the screen is '123456789' but with nine blanks.... But sadly I haven't had good result with the SMS functions :(

So I do really think that it shouldn't be hard to adapt the 'nk6510' to a new 'nk1100' model that should interact completely with the 1100... And I'm ready to work for that ! But I don't think I would be able to make it on my own, so is there anyone who is interrested in making Gnokii work with the Nokia 1100 ? Someone who is already used to the Gnokii's architecture and/or to the 1100 protocol ? Any help or advice would be nice !

Thanks anyway for the great job already done :)