Re: Feature request/bug fix

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Feature request/bug fix
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:21:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Matthew Kay wrote:

Firstly, when you do --getcalendarnote, the END time does not appear in
the output. This means that Evolution throws a slight error when you try
to import the file. For example, this output:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:1.0
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
SUMMARY:Assessment centre
DTSTART:20050421T103000
AALARM:20050421T082000
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

is great, but should have had the extra line
 DTEND:20050421T120000

I looked a bit at that. My Nokia 6310 does not return any information about duration or the end time of the event. I think that was the reason why this information is missin in the vCal output.

Secondly, a feature request - I would really like to have access to the
birthday field in the Contact object, and to have it included in the
output from --getphonebook queries. You could make the raw output
something like
 50;0;YYYYMMDD
where the middle number would presumable always be 0 - noone has 2
birthdays! The VCF output could look something like
 BDAY:YYYY-MM-DD

Neither this is supported by my phone :-(

Of course both things are doable, but they will be done probably by Bozo, as he has a better mobile which supports these features ;-)

p k o t a t b e z s e n s u d o t p l
http://www.gnokii.org/