Calender meeting duration not supported by phone?

From: mjreed
Subject: Calender meeting duration not supported by phone?
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:35:40 +0000

This is a copy of an email answered off-list just in case any one else
is looking for an answer to my original post:

Hans,

I had a closer look and I think the problem is actually with the phone
software and not gnokii in that the phone does not send a vCalendar
file with an end time! I ran gnokii with a debugger and looked
directly at the decoded input to the vCalendar parser and observed
only start times and thus decided not to pursue any further. The
mailing list was silent to my post. I Hope you do not mind me sending
this to the mailing list as well (email addresses removed).

Note I did not try synching with the windows software and outlook. It
would be worth doing this because if outlook <--> phone can synch end
times then there must(may?) be a way of doing it....

I use gnokii daily for synching and am very impressed. I get round the
end time problem by some cludgy scripting in emacs (my desktop diary)
which sends a calendar entry with a eXX:XX time at the end of the
note. (Not very satisfying but it works for me)

Martin