smsd crashing on freebsd

From: Guido Falsi
Subject: smsd crashing on freebsd
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:45:07 +0100

Hello, I'm using smsd on freebsd 5.3 and I found it is crashing on my
system. I'm using the "file" backend.

The program starts fine, and runs, it works ok up to when it send some
sms which it finds in the spool directory deletes it and then, it
crashes core dumping.

For example if I start smsd with a spool directory containing various
smses it sends them all and crashes only when the directory becomes
empty. While running it also receives and processes incoming smses
correctly.

I tried getting a backtrace from the core dump it generates but I don't
think it will be very useful:

(gdb) bt
#0  0x2821c5f7 in pthread_testcancel () from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
#1  0x28215295 in pthread_mutexattr_init () from
/usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
#2  0x00000000 in ?? ()

I hope someon can look into this, and I'm available for any information
you may need.

Thank you in advance!

--
Guido Falsi <address@hidden>