Re: My struggle with gnokii

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: My struggle with gnokii
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:06:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:

> Everything else works mostly fine in my gnokii, I got from Debian
> unstable, but uploading VCal/ICal-calenadars I got from my emacs via
> exporting, is broken. So I made a bug report about it:

I'll check this out. It should work even witout libical.

> libical support:        libical-0.24, you may want to use gnokii internal iCal
>                         implementation but it is limited, no longer developed
>                         and deprecated. This is only for converting calendar
>                         and todo entries into iCal files and reading such
>                         files.

Right, but we still have some manual handling of vCal files.

> After compiling all of that I get some packages with weird version
> number, for example gnokii_0.6.0_i386.deb . I decided to install it,
> though:

That's probably Debian package builder inside gnokii is not updated. Any
updates are welcome.

> What A mess! Why is it so hard to get Working(tm) gnokii-installation as
> Debian-packages?

Because noone maintains debian package inside a gnokii tree. You may try
to replace packaging/Debian/* files with one taken directly from Debian.

> fix that debian-directory that is inside upstream sources of gnokii.

Be more specific.

mailto:address@hidden
http://www.gnokii.org/