error in compiling gnokii

From: Jeffrey G. Ubalde
Subject: error in compiling gnokii
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:57:04 +0800

Good day!
   i would just like to ask a few newbie questions. Im compiling gnokii
from cvs, when i use autogen.sh, there are a lot of error messages but
compile would still continue. When I run gnokii --identify it just
returns a

Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to high
Message sent: 0x40 / 0x0004
00 01 64 01                                     |   d
SM_Block Retry - 0
Message sent: 0x40 / 0x0004
00 01 64 01                                     |   d
SM_Block Retry - 1
......... rest of the output truncated..........

so what i did... i manually called the
    $ gettextize
    $ libtoolize
    $ aclocal
    $ autoheader

but when i issue a autoconf, i get this error

configure.in:31: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_RELOCATABLE
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.

what could be causing this problem? or if this is insignificant to
making gnokii work, what else should i check

I'm compiling it on a Redhat 7.3 machine using the latest CVS version.
The Phone, cable, configfiles are the same ones i use in my 'working'
gnokii server.

Thanks....

--
Jeffrey G. Ubalde <address@hidden>