Re: writephonebook vcf, ldiff

From: Oliver Jusinger
Subject: Re: writephonebook vcf, ldiff
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 20:16:55 +0200

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 19:51, Pawel Kot wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Helge Deller wrote:
>
> > Strange that kaddressbook try to start writing at phone position #1000 -
> > it seems libgnokii delivers wrong entries up to this number for this
> > phone. I suspect a bug in gnokii - after that it should work in
> > kaddressbook as well.
>
> It *may* be a bug in gnokii, but I have no idea how kaddressbook gets this
> #1000 position. If you provide the information how is the location
> retrieved from gnokii I could probably fix it.

I think there was a missunderstanding. kadressbook, when saying "add to
existing entries", writes:

"Received message type 03
kaddressbook: ERROR: ERROR 17: Invalid type of memory.
kaddressbook: WARNING: Try to write entry 'somename' at
phone_entry_no=xxxx, phone_count=0"

where
- 'somename' is always the same name from the addressbook.
- phone_entry_no starts with 1 and increases up to 1000, so i get the
lines 1000 times.

so as a user it seems to me, gnokii tries to write on entry-number 1,
that fails, so i tries and position #2 and so on..

it would be interesting what kaddressbook does, if it writes raw data or
vcf or ldif, and with which parameters. but as said before, i guess it's
offtopic here.

Oliver