smsd and nokia 6610i problem

From: Dejan Rogic
Subject: smsd and nokia 6610i problem
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:41:52 +0200

I'm setting up sort of mail2sms gateway with gnokii 0.7.1 and Nokia
6610i. I'm usin non original DKU-5 cable and gnokii itself and xgnokii
works fine.

I installed playsms sms gateway software which is using gnokii-smsd to
send/receive a messages. and here comes the problem

seems to me that smsd doesnt correctly catch or send the sms messages to
6610i. when I run it with debugs/on I see that its constantly gets only
the folders form 6610 and never dive intu subs to read actual message.
Also, it should process the message files in /usr/local/cache/smsd and
its not.

Can someone help me about that ?