gnokii-0.6.3

From: Goutam Saraswati
Subject: gnokii-0.6.3
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 15:52:34 +0530

 I have one MA8620E usb-to-serial cable based on pl2303 of Prolific Technology.

 It works fine with Nokia 6100 using gnokii-0.6.3 on Windows XP.

 But when I plug in the same pair of cable & phone to my Linux server(Fedora
Core 1, kernel 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl), I am getting the message "Initialization
Failed[11]......Telephone interface init failed". (gnokii 0.6.3, compiled from
source)

 But the device is detected by the Operating System and "hwconf" shows the
driver as "pl2303".

 The only thing that I had to do was issuing the commands "insmod usbserial
vendor=0x067b product=0x2303" and "insmod pl2303".

 On both the occasions the settings were "connection = serial" and "model = AT".

 While in Windows XP the setting was "device = COM8", in Linux,it was "device =
/dev/ttyUSB0". I also tried with "device = /dev/usb/ttyUSB0" setting.

 I shall be obliged if you can please come up with a solution.
---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Anti-Virus Tool]

This Message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely
for the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message
in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any
use not in accord with its Purpose, any dissemination or disclosure,
either whole or partial, is Prohibited except formal approval.
The internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message. BSNL
shall (will) not therefore be liable for the message if modified.