Siemens SX1 and gnokii 0.6.1

From: Ricardo Loureiro
Subject: Siemens SX1 and gnokii 0.6.1
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 09:07:37 -0000

Hi,

I've been trying to get a Siemens SX1 to work with gnokii but been
unable so far. Here's what I did:

Downloaded and compiled gnokii 0.6.1 with a patch named
gnokii-0.6.1-nounix98pyt.patch (this came from Gentoo). Gnokii working
fine with an old 7110.

Got IRDA working by loading all the modules. irdadump was working
fine.

Downloaded gnapplet.sis from
http://users.szivarvanynet.hu/bozo/gnokii/gnapplet.sis and installed
it on the SX1 using irobex_palm3 gnapplet.sis.

Stared gnapplet on sx1. First problem, it would crash and be closed. I
found out the problem. I was starting irda and then running the
program, this crashes it. So now I was starting gnapplet without irda
activated. gnapplet would activate it (at least the icon was
appearing) and did not crash.

Now I tried several gnokii commands, like gnokii --monitor, gnokii
--identify and all of them would return this:

roadrunner root # gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.1
Telephone interface init failed: Problem occured internal to model
specific code.
Quitting.

On the phone I get:
gnapplet started
irCOMM connection

But then it dows nothing, neither quits. Trying to shut it down with
the task manager is a no go, so only way is to restart the phone.
The reason why I downloaded the gnapplet.sis from that website was
because the gnapplet.sis that cames on the source.tbz did not run,
allways crashing. I found out later it was because of the irda turned
on. I later tested with this and as expected the same results, since
they should be the same file.

Any help would be apreciated..

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo Loureiro

1024D/6B7C0EC0: BA28 B022 E0A9 03C5 9E5F 7BD7 25E3 CF69 6B7C 0EC0