Re: problem connecting to SX1

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: problem connecting to SX1
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:30:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, Pawel Kot wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Andre Duffeck wrote:
>
> > i'm having problems connecting to my Siemens SX1 via infrared.
> > my ir-device is on /dev/ttyS1, so i tried to connect via /dev/ircomm1
> > but without success. i get a message "irCOMM connection" on my phone,
> > but gnocky says that connection failed.
>
> Neither I can connect. I can see device in the dicovery log, but gnokii
> cannot connect. I don't know why yet, I'll try to investigate if I'll have
> access to the phone for few more days.

I tried also connect it with gnokii under Windows. Also no success. I'd
suggest to contact Linux-IrDA people submitting them transmission dump to
get a suggestion what may be wrong during transmission. The low level link
is obviously OK, so the problem is in some layer above IrDA.

mailto:address@hidden
http://www.gnokii.org/