Re: First time user questions

From: Dogsbody
Subject: Re: First time user questions
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:59:03 +0100

$ gnokii --getsms IN 1 -d

How long does it take to execute this?

Around 17 seconds, all the delay is over these lines, mostly between

the last two...

That's a bit long. I'll try tomorrow with my mobile.

Thank you very much

Unfortunately my dlr3 stopped working. Need to find another one...

Thank you very much for trying, much appreciated.

I managed to do it. 'gnokii --getsms IN 1' takes me from 5 to 6 seconds.
Most of the time is the initialization. Perhaps someone smart could look
again at our serial port initialization.

Since it's much better than 17 seconds here is the config I used:
[global]
port = /dev/ttyS0
model = 6210
initlength = 0
connection = dlr3p
bindir = /usr/local/sbin/
use_locking = no
smsc_timeout = 10
[connect_script]
TELEPHONE = 12345678
[disconnect_script]
[logging]
debug = on

Thank you for doing this. It's difficult to know what is "normal" when you start running a new app like this. On the advice of this list I have changed initlength to 1 and this has brought the time right down (to about 9 seconds). Strange how this is longer on my system, I suppose it's not a fast box (300MHz AMD).

Dan

--
http://www.dogsbody.org/