Re: MA8620E cable for Nokia 6100

From: Goutam Saraswati
Subject: Re: MA8620E cable for Nokia 6100
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 11:46:19 +0530

Dear Alex,

Where may I have this cable? How to make the driver work? Pl. make the driver
available in the propose URL.

Thanks

Goutam
From: Alex K <address@hidden>
Date:  Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:53:37 +0400

>Hello, everyone!
>
>I thought I will let everyone know that driver for this cable exists for Linux
>(it is PL2303X based cable), people from Prolific supplied me with driver
>for it, I will make it avaible on my page:
>http://gate.intercaf.ru/~lesha/6100/pl2303x-linux.zip
>
>I'm also currently trying to port it to FreeBSD (based on old uplcom.c)
>Currently it succesfully inits, I can connect to phone and say "AT",
>phone replies "OK", other AT commands also work. But connection
>to phone is somehow not "binary safe", some characerts typed will return
>garbage - for example "F" returns "? some characters work OK, and
>if I will type a working letter - any one character following will also be OK.
>So if I type "AF" it will work correctly
>
>What can be causing such problem?
>

>Cheers,
>            AL.
>
>p.s. if anyone wants to help me with driver - please contact me!
>
>p.p.s Gnokii works in AT mode

>---
>[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Anti-Virus Tool1]
>
>---
>[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Anti-Virus Tool]

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Anti-Virus Tool]

This Message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely
for the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message
in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any
use not in accord with its Purpose, any dissemination or disclosure,
either whole or partial, is Prohibited except formal approval.
The internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message. BSNL
shall (will) not therefore be liable for the message if modified.