SMS and automatic sender name

From: Ville Mattila
Subject: SMS and automatic sender name
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:08:25 +0300

Hello,

I've built an SMS gateway with gnokii and my old Nokia 6310 with an ordinary phone number and sim card. I use it to provide some services for my friends and non-commercial organizations. Due the same system is used for different services, I 've been thinking if there is a possibility to send messages with automatic sender name. I've seen systems that have already a sender name - even the number where the message is sent from is not in the recipients address book. One example is TellusTalk service. The sending phone number should be visibile even the name is automatic (TellusTalk hides also the phone number if I remember correct).

If this is possible with my configuration and equipment, it would be easy to separate messages with different theme and subject.

Thanks for any help!

Ville Mattila